Asparagus Amandine in Foil
- 1 bunch asparagus
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium.
- Toss asparagus, almonds, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and garlic together in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Spread a sheet of aluminum foil onto a flat work surface. Pour asparagus mixture into the center of the foil. Bring two sides of the foil together and roll together to form a seam. Roll the ends to seal into a package.
- Cook on grill until asparagus is tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
Try swapping almonds for cashews, walnuts, or pine nuts!
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
I love avocado! This recipe is best with the thick, sturdy asparagus stalks. Super simple, easy recipe that boasts a ton of great flavor. Especially the lemon and garlic. Superb!
Steve Failows says:
I made all 4 of these BBQ sides - quick, easy, and delicious is the name of the game. Makes it easy to have a variety of sides, instead of throwing them all in the same foil - which i may actually try next time.
Tal Levitas says:
Quick and easy. That's all I have to say about this side. It was delicious too!