Asparagus Amandine in Foil
- 1 bunch asparagus
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium.
- Toss asparagus, almonds, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and garlic together in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Spread a sheet of aluminum foil onto a flat work surface. Pour asparagus mixture into the center of the foil. Bring two sides of the foil together and roll together to form a seam. Roll the ends to seal into a package.
- Cook on grill until asparagus is tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
The almonds add a great crunch to the asparagus. Other nuts are great with the asparagus, too. Try swapping out the almonds for cashews, walnuts, or pine nuts.
What others are saying
Tal Levitas says:
Quick and easy. That's all I have to say about this side. It was delicious too!
Steve Failows says:
I made all 4 of these BBQ sides - quick, easy, and delicious is the name of the game. Makes it easy to have a variety of sides, instead of throwing them all in the same foil - which i may actually try next time.
Sam Dalton says:
I love avocado! This recipe is best with the thick, sturdy asparagus stalks. Super simple, easy recipe that boasts a ton of great flavor. Especially the lemon and garlic. Superb!
Leah M says:
I made this last night and used pine nuts instead of almonds to go with my Lebanese-style grilled chicken skewers. They cooked perfectly on the grill wrapped in foil. I also didn't use any salt, the flavor really good without it.
Stephanie D says:
I've always done green beans with almonds, but this was my first time doing asparagus. This recipe works best with the thick asparagus spears. It turned out great.