Foil Packet Broccoli in Spicy Garlic Sauce
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium.
- Toss broccoli, green onions, garlic, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and chili oil together in a large bowl.
- Lay a sheet of aluminum foil onto a flat work surface. Dump the broccoli into the center of the foil. Bring two sides of the foil together and roll together to form a seam. Roll the ends to seal into a package.
- Grill broccoli until softened to your desired texture, 7 to 10 minutes.
This technique and sauce would also work well with other cruciferous vegetables. Try it with cauliflower, romanesco or Brussels sprouts. If you're vegetarian, you can find mushroom-based oyster sauce in Asian markets or online. Alternatively, sub in an additional tablespoon of soy sauce.
What others are saying
Jenny Cronin says:
This flavor combo is delicious! I added to our grilled chicken as well and the garlicky spicy flavor was great. Will def use this sauce again for another grill night.
Aja A says:
Cooked broccoli has never been something I was really into, but when it's sauteed in tons of garlic and soy sauce, I'm in. If for any reason you have some fried tofu on hand (trust me on this), add it. This is also good with beef or any protein for that matter.
Steve Failows says:
Hard to go wrong with this recipe. So quick and easy - if you like garlic with some spice you gotta try it. Next time I'm excited to try this recipe with some Brussels sprouts.
Tiana D. says:
Perfect accompaniment to any meat you already have going on the grill. This side was delicious next to some BBQ steaks, kid and husband approved!
Bernardette Flatow says:
Love broccoli! With this recipe the broccoli retains it´s natural vitamins and crispness. I added toasted sesame seeds- it tasted more oriental.