Everyday Steak Salad
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 8 cups arugula
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 pound cooked sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons toasted and chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- Whisk lemon juice, honey, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl, adding olive oil gradually until emulsified.
- Toss the arugula, tomatoes, and red onion with the dressing in a large bowl until well-coated.
- Top with steak slices, almonds, and goat cheese.
Make extra dressing by doubling the recipe and refrigerate for several days. Not stuck with leftover steak? For perfect medium-rare, season a 1-lb. steak heavily with salt, then cook over medium-high heat in a cast iron skillet for 4-5 minutes per side, until an instant-read thermometer reads 140° when inserted in the center. Let rest for 10 minutes, then thinly slice.
What others are saying
Aja A says:
So great to have a steak salad that is not always with blue cheese. I used my leftover garlic and herb goat cheese and omg this is a salad I can get into! I'm not a huge arugula fan, so I used spinach and romaine for the lettuce portion and dressed it with lots of pepper. Still delicious I may add.
Jen the Mighty says:
I dressed the salad and tossed the almonds and cheese in before topping with piping hot slices of steak. Delicious. I love the hot/cold contrast.
Sam Dalton says:
Really delicious steak salad! The arugula was perfect, I love the spicy flavor paired with the steak. I just added a little more pepper and was good to go. I will definitely make this again, it makes a great lunch.
Jeremy Hughes says:
Made this salad without the almonds and used blue cheese instead of goat cheese. I really liked it with the slices of steak cold (from the fridge). It's the perfect way to use left over meat.
Jenny J says:
Made this salad with feta cheese and use regular Italian dressing. My husband, on the other hand, added sliced strawberries to used a sweet dressing.