Simple Garbanzo Beans Salad
- 2 (14 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine garbanzo beans, tomato, red onion, parsley, jalapeño pepper, and mint in a large bowl.
- Whisk lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt and freshly ground pepper together in a separate bowl; slowly drizzle olive oil into lemon juice mixture until dressing is smooth.
- Drizzle dressing over garbanzo bean mixture and stir until evenly coated.
Swap the garbanzo beans with lentils for another great flavor-absorbing legume. Add any fresh veggie that sounds good; thinly sliced radishes, diced red or green bell pepper, chopped cucumber,
What others are saying
Aja A says:
Simple garbanzo salad that paired nicely with my sous vide lemon salmon. Added a tiny bit of red wine vinegar for an extra level of flavor.
Bernardette Flatow says:
Love it! This recipe fills all potassium requirements of the body.