Simple Garbanzo Beans Salad
- 2 cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- In a large serving bowl, toss garbanzo beans, tomato, red onion, parsley, jalapeño pepper, and mint together.
- In a small bowl, mix lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt and freshly ground pepper; slowly whisk in extra-virgin olive oil.
- Drizzle lemon mixture on garbanzo salad and mix until well combined.
Swap the garbanzo beans with lentils for another great flavor-absorbing bean.
What others are saying
Aja A says:
Simple garbanzo salad that paired nicely with my sous vide lemon salmon. Added a tiny bit of red wine vinegar for an extra level of flavor.
Bernardette Flatow says:
Love it! This recipe fills all potassium requirements of the body.