Grilled Chicken Burger with Avocado Aioli
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon liquid from a jar of dill pickles
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 burger buns, toasted
- To make the avocado aioli, blend avocados, lemon juice, and garlic. Slowly add in 1/4 cup olive oil while blending until creamy. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix 3 tablespoons olive oil, honey, apple cider vinegar, dill pickle liquid; season with salt and pepper. Add cabbage and mix to coat well. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and freshly ground pepper and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Grill chicken breast on hot grill until chicken is cooked through, 4 to 7 minutes per side.
- Assemble each burger with a 1 tablespoon avocado aioli, chicken, tomato, and a handful of cabbage slaw on each bun.
For juicy, evenly cooked chicken, pound the breast halves to an even thickness and make sure your grill is clean and oiled.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
Quick and easy chicken sandwich recipe. Perfect on the grill or in a skillet. It's a great weeknight meal because it's really quick to prepare.
Greg Jones says:
This was my first time making avocado aioli and it was really easy and delicious. These chicken burgers were also very juicy and tender. This is a great family friendly recipe, and I need to make them more often.
Steve Failows says:
The slaw and avocado aioli is a perfect way to spice up chicken breast when you eat as much as I do. Quick, easy, fresh and delicious. For a spicy kick, just add a splash of sriracha to the aioli like i did.