Spiralized Zucchini Salad with Avocado and Edamame
- 1 medium zucchini, ends trimmed, spiralized using 2mm blade
- 1/3 cup shelled and cooked edamame
- 1/3 cup diced avocado
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, or to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
For best results, we recommend using:
- Toss zucchini noodles, edamame, and avocado together in a bowl.
- Whisk lemon juice and oil together in a small bowl until well-combined; season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle salad with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle basil and chives over the top.
Give this salad a Mexican twist by subbing the lemon juice for lime juice and using cilantro instead of basil.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
I loved all of the combined ingredients in this salad, especially the avocado. I get bored with the same types of salad everyday for lunch so this was a nice change. I love how healthy it is, without skimping on flavor. I topped it with soy sauce and sesame seeds, and it was perfect.
Jennifer Ingram says:
Loved the idea behind this salad, as it's really quick and totally satisfying. I just didn't love how much water the zoodles gave off; they got very limp as a result. Will do some research on how to avoid this for next time.