Spiralized Zucchini Salad with Avocado and Edamame
- 1 medium zucchini, ends trimmed, spiralized using 2mm blade
- 1/3 cup shelled and cooked edamame
- 1/3 cup diced avocado
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, or to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
For best results, we recommend using:
- Toss zucchini noodles, edamame, and avocado together in a bowl.
- Whisk lemon juice and oil together in a small bowl until well-combined; season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle salad with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle basil and chives over the top.
Give this salad a Mexican twist by subbing the lemon juice for lime juice and using cilantro instead of basil.
What others are saying
Jenny J says:
I loved this, but in order to sell my husband on it I had to add a side of grilled shrimp. All of the ingredients really tie together nicely.
Sarah Gray says:
I used lime juice and added cilantro instead of basil, as suggested in the tip box. So tasty! Next time I will probably try using spaghetti noodles.
Katie Hason says:
I made this for lunch and it was really good. Texturally, the crunch from the zucchini noodles with the avocado and edamame was nice and balanced. In addition to salt and pepper, I also added gomashio, and the overall flavor was amazing.
Greg Jones says:
I loved all of the combined ingredients in this salad, especially the avocado. I get bored with the same types of salad everyday for lunch so this was a nice change. I love how healthy it is, without skimping on flavor. I topped it with soy sauce and sesame seeds, and it was perfect.
Jennifer Ingram says:
Loved the idea behind this salad, as it's really quick and totally satisfying. I just didn't love how much water the zoodles gave off; they got very limp as a result. Will do some research on how to avoid this for next time.