Spiralized Zucchini Ribbons with Mint, Basil, and Almonds
- 2 zucchini, ends trimmed, spiralized using flat ribbon blade
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, torn
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 toasted slivered almonds, lightly crushed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey, or to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, or more to taste
- Trim zucchini ribbons into bite size sections. Toss the zucchini, mint, basil, and almonds together in a bowl.
- Whisk lemon juice and honey together in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until dressing is creamy; season with salt and black pepper.
- Pour dressing over zucchini mixture, add Parmesan cheese reserving some for garnishing, and toss to coat.
- Divide salad into individual servings on a plate and garnish with cheese to serve.
Walnuts or pine nuts would be great alternates to the almonds, just make sure to toast them first for the beat flavor.
What others are saying
Jen the Mighty says:
This salad changed my life. Literally. I'd never really sung the praises of raw zucchini, but now I most certainly do. The thin spiralized zucchini slices paired with the mint, basil, and almonds are perfectly complimented by the honey-lemon dressing. Once I started eating this salad I couldn't stop. Next time I might venture into the wild by trying the salad with some pistachios!