Stovetop Breakfast Potatoes
- 3 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high, heat canola oil. Fry potatoes in hot oil, shaking pan occasionally, until potatoes are golden, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Add onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, thyme, rosemary, sage, and garlic to the skillet; cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard garlic clove and fresh herbs. Season potatoes with salt and pepper to serve.
Use poblano pepper instead of the green bell pepper for a slightly spicy kick.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
This was a easy breakfast potatoes recipe, just like my mom used to make! The bell peppers are a must, it really gives it a delicious flavor. Perfect with scrambled eggs!
Aja A says:
Solid basic sauteed potatoes dish for breakfast with a little extra. I loved the rosemary and sage in it. It went very well with the crumbled pork sausage on top!