Zesty Bloody Mary
- 4 fluid ounces tomato juice
- 2 fluid ounces vodka
- 1 fluid ounce liquid from a jar of dill pickles
- 1/8 teaspoon umami paste
- 1/8 teaspoon horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- pinch celery salt
- hot sauce to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Secure lid on shaker and shake to mix; pour over a pint glass filled with ice.
Stick a crisp dill pickle spear in the glass as a garnish.
What others are saying
Aja A says:
Not going to lie, bloody mary's save me during my 'hangover city' moments. I was quite surprised by the umami paste in this drink. It's a flavor you can't quite put your finger on, but it just works in practically anything!
Caro Hodgin says:
I bought "umami paste" at Trader Joe's and have been wondering what to do with it ever since! I don't know if it's the reason that these Bloody Mary's are so dang good but - WOW! I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5 because I wish this recipe was scaled up for a crowd - I served these at a football tailgate and kept having to do math to get the recipe right.