Kimchi Tuna Salad Sandwich
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise or regular mayonnaise
- 1 to 3 teaspoons sriracha (depending on spiciness preference)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- One 6.5 ounce can albacore tuna in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons kimchi, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 4 pieces of store-bought or homemade sandwich bread, toasted
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Stir together the vegan mayonnaise, sriracha, lime juice and soy sauce in a medium bowl. Add the drained tuna, chopped kimchi and scallion, and mix in thoroughly. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
- Divide the tuna salad onto two pieces of toasted sandwich bread. Top with avocado slices, cilantro, and the second piece of bread. Enjoy immediately!
Is tuna not your thing? No worries, you can substitute shredded chicken to create a great chicken salad sandwich. Or even try chickpeas for a vegetarian alternative!
What others are saying
Aja A says:
Used the remainder of my kimchi to make this for lunch today. So good. I served it in lettuce cups to minimize the amount of gluten for the day. Also did half Greek yogurt and half mayo.
Megan Leahy says:
Awesome! I'm pescetarian and always looking for new dishes that are quick and easy to prepare. Thanks Caroline!