Kimchi Tuna Salad Sandwich
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegenaise or mayonnaise
- 1 to 3 teaspoons sriracha (depending on spiciness preference)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- One 6.5 ounce can albacore tuna in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons kimchi, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 4 pieces of sandwich bread, toasted
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Stir together the vegenaise, sriracha, lime juice and soy sauce in a medium bowl. Add the drained tuna and mix in thoroughly. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
- Divide the tuna salad onto two pieces of toasted sandwich bread. Top with avocado slices, cilantro, and the second piece of bread. Enjoy immediately!
Substitute pulled chicken, or chickpeas for a vegetarian alternative.
What others are saying
Aja A says:
Used the remainder of my kimchi to make this for lunch today. So good. I served it in lettuce cups to minimize the amount of gluten for the day. Also did half Greek yogurt and half mayo.
Megan Leahy says:
Awesome! I'm pescetarian and always looking for new dishes that are quick and easy to prepare. Thanks Caroline!