Chimichurri Shishito Peppers
- Chimichurri Sauce:
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, minced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Shishito Peppers:
- ½ pound shishito peppers
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 20 minutes
- Stir the parsley, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, cumin, and sugar together in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Let the chimichurri rest at room temperature until the flavors blend, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to high.
- Thread shishito peppers onto the soaked skewers. Brush the peppers with olive oil to coat; season with sea salt.
- Grill the skewered peppers on hot grill until they char and blister, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Use a fork to push peppers from the skewers onto a serving platter. Drizzle chimichurri over the peppers to serve.
If no fresh oregano or thyme are at hand, go ahead and used dried herbs, but use only half the amounts.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
This was the perfect recipe for the grill. The Chimichurri was awesome. It's one of my new favorites and it goes great with any grilled main dish.