Summertime Fig and Prosciutto Salad
- Thyme-Grilled Figs:
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 thyme springs, leaves only
- 1 pound dried figs, halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- For The Salad:
- 2 cups arugula
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to tast
- Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, and thyme together in a bowl; add the figs and stir to coat.
- Brush a grill pan with olive oil and heat over medium. Cook figs in a single layer until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Put arugula into a salad bowl; add figs and prosciutto. Drizzle balsamic glaze and olive oil over the salad; season with pepper. Top the salad with Parmesan cheese to serve.
For a vegan take on this delicious entree, forgo the Parmesan cheese and prosciutto, and switch out the honey for agave nectar. The grilled figs are the stars of this dish after all!
What others are saying
Jen the Mighty says:
Love these thyme-grilled figs, and with the salty prosciutto and peppery arugula they are a winning combination. Will be making this one over and over again. With fresh figs in season I will definitely try with fresh instead of dried as well.