Grilled Peaches with Honey and Ricotta
- Thyme-Infused Honey:
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 thyme sprigs, leaves only
- Grilled Peaches:
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Stir the honey and thyme together in a small stainless steel bowl. Place the bowl into a a larger bowl with just enough hot water to reach halfway up the sides of the small bowl; let the honey warm in the bath for 10 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to high.
- Brush olive oil onto the cut sides of the peaches.
- Cook the peaches on the grill in a single layer until they begin to lightly char, 4 to 7 minutes.
- Arrange peaches onto serving plates. Top each peach half with 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese. Drizzle thyme-infused honey over the peaches and cheese to serve.
With a few simple swaps it is possible to make a vegan version of this dish. Simply replace the ricotta with coconut yogurt or coconut whipped cream and the honey with agave nectar. It is just as elegant and beautiful!
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
We grilled peaches recently after finding this recipe. The honey and ricotta topping were perfect. We ate this as a side dish with grilled fish, it was delicious.
Jen the Mighty says:
Grilled peaches are one of my favorite things. The addition of ricotta and the thyme honey (!) really make this a swell dish.