Mexican Corn Esquites
- 8 ears corn, husked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 lime, cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Put the corn, salt, and sugar in a large pot with enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover the pot, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until kernels are tender, about 10 minutes; drain and let corn cool slightly.
- Cut corn kernels from the cob.
- Divide corn between four bowls; top with mayonnaise, Cotija cheese, and butter. Squeeze lime juice over the corn. Season with chili powder, salt, and pepper.
You can make this out of season with 6 cups frozen corn kernels. Try cayenne pepper in place of chili powder if you like your corn extra spicy.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
Love this bowl version of Mexican corn! So delicious! Is there really any other way to eat corn? It has all the basic ingredients you need: lime, chili, mayo, and Cotija cheese. Perfection!
Aja A says:
YESSSSS! So good! I like to eat this along side my grilled shrimp. Only thing I do differently is char the corn a bit after cooking it for that smoky flavor that I adore so much!