Pressure Cooker Green Minestrone
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 whole black peppercorns
- salt to taste
- water to cover
- 2 cups chopped spinach
For best results, we recommend using:
- Put the broccoli, celery, leek, zucchini, peas, peppercorns, and salt into a pressure cooker. Pour vegetable broth over the vegetables; add water as needed to cover vegetables completely in liquid.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 4 minutes on High pressure.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed allow pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes, then set steam vent to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
- Stir spinach into the soup; cook on Keep warm until tender.
You can use a box or can of prepared vegetable broth in this recipe or you can easily make your own. Just don’t throw away those vegetable scraps! Save them from recipes you have made throughout the week and use them to make your own homemade vegetable broth. It’s easy and budget-friendly.
What others are saying
Monica Allen says:
I used my own homemade vegetable stock for this recipe, so I am a little biased towards the overall flavor of how this turned out. This is a super quick recipe, it cooks in mere minutes.
Randall Hauk says:
This soup is as virtuous as it tastes. Needs seasoning. A lot of seasoning. I spiralized my zucchini & used kale in place of the spinach, because that's what we do in the Pacific Northwest. I made rice noodles for my sons so they could pretend it was pho because they will eat it if it's "pho," even if it isn't. I think if you made this with a shiitake mushroom broth or something similar, it would be much better. As it was, I found myself grabbing spices and doing anything to give it a little boost.
Jessica Scott says:
This green minestrone is incredible! Leeks are so underrated! They're so flavorful when prepared properly. I love everything about this healthy soup and can't wait to make it again.
Jake Findlay says:
I am really into my pressure cooker now that I realized how fast everything comes out! I subbed green peas for edamame and added in spinach.
Caro Hodgin says:
such a tasty vegetable soup! i love my pressure cooker!