Grilled Peppers with Feta and Basil
- 3 large bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup basil, julienned
- 2 ounces feta, crumbled
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat an outdoor griil to high heat.
- Toss pepper slices, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a large bowl.
- Grill peppers until charred and softened, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer peppers to a large serving platter.
- Drizzle vinegar and oil all over the peppers. Scatter the avocado slices, basil and feta over top. Finish with a hefty pinch of flaky sea salt. Enjoy immediately or at room temperature.
For a spicy kick, char a jalapeno or serrano pepper on the grill alongside the bell peppers. Chop it up and scatter it over the peppers.
What others are saying
Kaylee Adams says:
You had me at feta and basil. Whenever my friends fire up the grill, I make this recipe. It's also great for vegetarians or pairs well with steak.
Steven Gomes says:
Added jalapeno peppers on the grill with grilled peppers. I really like the sweet and spicy combo. This is perfect for summer nights.
Jeremy Hughes says:
Perfect summer and entertaining! I did a basil and kale mix, and it was delicious.
Jessica Scott says:
This dish was so easy, but also incredibly delicious. I didn't really start to like peppers until I became an adult, but now I'm obsessed with them. The goat feta and bail really gave it that Mediterranean feel that I absolutely love. I enjoyed this very much!
Jennifer Ingram says:
Never would have come up with this combo - but it will be in my regular rotation from now til end of time. Brilliant balance of flavors - sweet, smoky, salty, rich, fresh.... perfection. I also fell in love with feta in greece, and use it every chance I can!