Coconut Quinoa Breakfast Bowls
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup white quinoa
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup berries (raspberries, blueberries, sliced strawberries, etc)
- 1 banana, sliced
- Stir the water and coconut milk together in a small pot and bring to a boil; add the quinoa, stir, and reduce heat to low. Simmer partially covered until the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove pot from the heat and stir the quinoa.
- Replace the cover on the pot and rest for 5 minutes.
- Stir maple syrup through the quinoa.
- To serve, divide quinoa between four bowls; top with the berries and banana slices.
For the ultimate make ahead, grab-and-go breakfast, divide the cooked quinoa between jars or other airtight containers. Let cool, top with the berries and banana, and refrigerate for up to four days. For a little added protein, top the quinoa with a dollop of coconut yogurt.
What others are saying
Steven Gomes says:
Delicious breakfast bowl! Adding the coconut yogurt topping really set it off. Made it with blueberries and organic strawberries. The kids love it too.
Anthony Cohen says:
These are great for my morning meal prep. Canning jars work perfectly to store. I always add fruit the morning of, usually accompanied by warm, melty peanut butter. So good...
Sarah Gray says:
I made these ahead of time using the suggestion in the tip box, I stored them in mason jars, then added the berries and banana after they cooled. Perfect for crazy mornings.
Sam Dalton says:
I was surprised at how delicious this quinoa breakfast bowl turned out. I skipped the syrup and topped mine with warm, melted peanut butter instead. It was fantastic. Quinoa for breakfast is a new favorite.
Laura Griffin says:
I am obsessed with quinoa. This breakfast bowl is so delicious. I add extra maple syrup on mine!