Coconut Quinoa Breakfast Bowls
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup white quinoa
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup berries (raspberries, blueberries, sliced strawberries, etc)
- 1 banana, sliced
- Stir the water and coconut milk together in a small pot and bring to a boil; add the quinoa, stir, and reduce heat to low. Simmer partially covered until the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove pot from the heat and stir the quinoa.
- Replace the cover on the pot and rest for 5 minutes.
- Stir maple syrup through the quinoa.
- To serve, divide quinoa between four bowls; top with the berries and banana slices.
For the ultimate make ahead, grab-and-go breakfast, divide the cooked quinoa between jars or other airtight containers. Allow to cool, top with the berries and banana, and refrigerate for up to four days.
What others are saying
Laura Griffin says:
I am obsessed with quinoa. This breakfast bowl is so delicious. I add extra maple syrup on mine!