Sweet Potato Hash
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed, and cut into ½-inch slices
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves stripped and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook sweet potato and Yukon Gold potatoes at a boil until tender but retaining their shape, 6 to 8 minutes; drain.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and leek in oil until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Stir potatoes and thyme with the onion mixture and sauté until potatoes are browned and crispy, about 15 minutes more; season with cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper to serve.
Top this hash with fried eggs to add more protein and make it a single-dish meal.
What others are saying
Chaz Norwood says:
Love the spicy sweet potato hash. I did spiralized sweet potatoes instead, but other than that kept the recipe the same and it was really yummy.
Katie Hason says:
This sweet potato hash is healthy and delicious! I love making this for breakfast. It's also really easy to make! Everyone should try it.
Aja A says:
This hash has the flavors reminiscent of my favorite breakfast place in Seattle. It's simple and so delicious! I added some chopped red bell pepper in it as well for extra, extra flavor.