Mini Asparagus Frittata
- cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 4 asparagus stalks, cut into ½-inch slivers
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Crack eggs into a large bowl. Whisk together with milk, salt, and pepper.
- Spray two ramekins with non-stick cooking spray. Divide the asparagus and goat cheese between two ramekins. Pour half of the egg mixture into each ramekin, then top with remaining asparagus and a sprinkle of black pepper.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until almost cooked through but still slightly jiggly if reheating, or completely cooked if eating immediately.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
- Reheat by microwaving for 30 to 45 seconds.
Make a batch of mini frittatas at the beginning of the week and enjoy them as a quick on-the-go breakfast all week long.
What others are saying
Aja A says:
Really quick and delicious! Had some leftover garlic and herb goat cheese so I had to run out and grab some asparagus to try this out. I grilled the asparagus slightly for added flavor first before mixing into the goat cheese. Never tried to freeze these or any egg muffins for that matter as a) they don't last very long and b) I've never been sure about reheating eggs after a day and how it will taste to me. Will try that out next time for a breakfast prep.