Gluten-Free Banana, Mango, and Coconut Crisp
- 3 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- Pinch Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Mix mangoes and bananas together in a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Mix together the rolled oats, shredded coconut, flour, sugar, oil and salt, in a bowl until well combined. Generously cover the fruit with the oat and coconut mixture.
- Place the baking dish on a baking sheet and bake until the top is golden and the fruit starts bubbling around the edges, about 45 minutes; let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
The best fruit desserts are made with ripe fruit, so be sure to select soft ones, even ever-so-slightly bruised, and rely on them for sweetness rather than adding too much sugar. The crunchy topping is what everyone loves. Be generous with it, and this dessert will be a winner every time.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
I have a total love affair with mango and this delicious, crispy oatmeal dish was just what I needed to get my fix. I know it's labeled a "dessert", but I totally made this for breakfast and loved it. The crunchy topping was my favorite.
Katie Hason says:
This coconut crisp is great as a dessert, but sometimes I also enjoy it as a sweet breakfast on the weekends. If you like mangoes, you will love this recipe. Sometimes I also swap out sugar for honey, or another natural sweetener. Delicious!