Muhammara Red Pepper Dip
- 7 ounces roasted red bell pepper
- 2/3 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Blend red bell pepper, bread crumbs, olive oil, walnuts, garlic, molasses, lime juice, and red pepper flakes in a blender or food processor until smooth. Alternately, put the ingredients into a deep bowl or pot and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
You can substitute the bread crumbs with gluten-free bread crumbs for those with gluten sensitivities. Pomegranate molasses is a commonly used ingredient in Middle Eastern cuisine, and is known for its powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. It can be found at Middle Eastern markets or online.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
This red pepper dip is an absolute favorite of mine! The breadcrumbs and walnuts give it a nice texture too. Perfect for eating with bread and crackers.
Elise Ballard says:
Muhammara!!! This dip is so big in flavor it punches you in the face. I fried the bread crumbs, walnuts and garlic in the olive oil before processing, which is the traditional method and makes for a somewhat more nutty flavor. Great appetizer with grilled pita and some slices of feta. I found it super easy to make as I didn't need to be too concerned about exact measurements, which makes for a great "to-taste" cooking experience.