Cuban Lemon-Garlic Chicken
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, rinsed and patted dry
- Blend orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, salt, oregano, white pepper, cumin, coriander, and olive oil together in a blender until smooth; about 30 seconds.
- Put chicken thighs in a large, resealable plastic bag; add marinade and remove as much air as possible before sealing bag. Marinate chicken in refrigerator for 1 hour to overnight..
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Put thighs into a square baking dish with skin-side up. Pour marinade over the chicken. Roast in oven for 20 minutes.
- Increase temperature to on 425°F (220°C). Cook chicken at the adjusted temperature for 15 minutes, turn and cook skin-side-down until the chicken is no longer pink at the bone, about 10 minutes more.
- Switch oven to Broil-High and turn thighs again so skin side is facing up.
- Broil until skin has browned, about 3 minutes more.
Use bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts for a lower fat alternative.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
This is a very authentic tasting recipe. We made this with plantains and I used skin-on chicken to get it nice and crisp on the outside, and juicy on the insider. Very flavorful, good recipe!
Katie Hason says:
I love Latin food! I paired this chicken with rice and black beans, and a side of tostones. I also added more white pepper for extra spice. We will definitely be making this again. I bet you can also shred the chicken and use the meat in tacos or tostadas? I might try that next time.
Aja A says:
The flavors of this chicken were so good! I ended up using chicken breasts instead of thighs and the chicken was still juicy. I placed this chicken on top of some leftover black beans and it was delicious. Will use this rub again!