Cold Soba Noodles with Shredded Chicken, Mushrooms in a Ginger-Soy Dressing
- juice from 1 lime (1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 bunches broccolini, stems trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1 (9.5-ounce) package soba noodles
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (from ½ chicken)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- black or white sesame seeds, for garnish
- Whisk together the lime juice, ginger, honey, 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, and 2 tablespoons soy sauce until fully combined. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Lower the heat to medium; add broccolini and a generous pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the broccolini brightens into a vibrant green (about 2 minutes). Add the mushrooms, stirring together to combine; cook until the broccolini is firm to the bite and mushrooms have golden-brown edges (about 2 to 3 minutes more). Pour in 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar, stirring until the liquid has evaporated, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat, and stir in 1 teaspoon soy sauce; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add the noodles and adjust heat to maintain active bubbles. Cook for 4 minutes, or according to package instructions, until soft yet firm to the bite. Immediately drain and rinse well under cold water until cold. Coat with 1 tablespoon sesame oil so the noodles don’t clump together.
- Place the noodles in a serving bowl; pour in the dressing and toss to coat. Arrange broccolini, mushrooms and chicken on top, and garnish with the scallions and sesame seeds.
Skip the chicken and add more quick-cooking vegetables to make it vegetarian.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
This chicken and mushroom soba was amazing! I also really loved the ginger soy dressing. The broccolini was the was the perfect addition. I will definitely make this dish again!
Dom Clement says:
Good dish and fairly easy to make. We bought the rotisserie chicken as in the directions and the rest if just focusing on the noodles. We tossed in some bok choy with the noodles.