Honey Mustard and Onion Roasted Nuts
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the egg white, olive oil, honey, spices, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the cashews, almonds and pumpkin seeds to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Allow the nuts to cool completely so that they form crunchy clusters.
- Store in an airtight container.
Looking to make this recipe vegan? Try substituting maple syrup for the honey. It is equally delicious!
What others are saying
Aja A says:
Delicious snack! This reminds me of the honey-mustard Gardetto's pretzel pack my mom used to buy me as a kid. This is a more elevated, healthier alternative with a kick of heat, but it still takes me back.
Caro Hodgin says:
such a tasty cocktail nut to serve at cocktail parties. really simple to make and such a crowd pleaser. i double the honey bc i like it a little sweeter.
Queen Foodie says:
Loving this healthy snack. I was searching for a recipe that would please my husband and get him to start eating snacks that are healthier for him than the vending machine offering at his job. This recipe saved the day.