Chickpea "Tuna Salad"
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 dill pickle, finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place the chickpeas in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork to break them up.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Serve on top of a slice of toast or a bed of greens.
Vegan or dairy-free? Sub an extra tablespoon of olive oil and lemon juice for the yogurt.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
This vegetarian "tuna" salad was so yummy! I love taking it for lunch. I wasn't sure how I would like the yogurt in place of the mayo, but it turned out great. Whether you're a vegetarian or not, you should try this recipe!
Aja A says:
I love me a canned tuna, but I was surprised how closely this resembled tuna salad. You won't get the fish flavor, but it definitely will make someone who is vegetarian satisfied. Along with the yogurt, I added a little bit of chipotle mayo for heat. This was pretty tasty and went very well with the leftover pumpernickel bread I had on hand.