Ginger-Scallion Turkey Meatballs
- 1 ¼ cups rolled oat
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 3 large eggs
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1½ tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the turkey, egg, oats, whole oats, scallions, ginger, soy sauce, sriracha, fish sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and salt together in a large bowl using your hands; roll into 16 meatballs and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until a thermometer inserted to the center of a meatball reads 165°F (75°C), 20 to 25 minutes.
These meatballs are perfect on top of a bed of dressed greens or grains! To make these paleo, substitute almond flour for the oats.
What others are saying
Tal Levitas says:
Mine fell a little flat while baking them. The flavor was solid though, they just didn't quite look like meatballs. Next time I make them I'll add more oats to the recipe to fluff them up.
Aja A says:
I've been on a meatball kick lately, and I really love the flavor of these. I added this to some leftover kimchi fried rice I had. Was very pleased with these and will definitely make again.
Queen Foodie says:
These are outstanding!