Pico de Gallo Salsa
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeño pepper, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- Stir tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño pepper, cumin, salt, and coriander seeds together in a bowl.
Coriander seeds are an unusual, but delicious, addition to this recipe. They have a flavor reminiscent of citrus peel and sage. Use a small serrated knife to cut the tomatoes for easy slicing. If you have time, put the pico de gallo in the refrigerator for about an hour before you want to eat it, so the flavors can blend. Add a clove of chopped garlic for extra flavor.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
This is a classic pico recipe that's way better than store bought. It's the only recipe we ever use when making tacos and other Mexican-inspired dishes that require delicious salsa dip. It's a must try!
Katie Hason says:
Really fresh and delicious pico de gallo! I will never purchase store bought pico again. I also really enjoyed the coriander seeds, even though it's not traditional.