Pico de Gallo Salsa
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped jalepeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- Stir tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, cumin, salt, and coriander seeds together in a bowl.
Coriander seeds are an unusual, but delicious, additon to this recipe. They have a flavor reminiscent of citrus peel and sage.
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
Really fresh and delicious pico de gallo! I will never purchase store bought pico again. I also really enjoyed the coriander seeds, even though it's not traditional.