Chocolate Cherry Delight Smoothie
- 1 cup cold almond milk
- ½ frozen banana
- 9 frozen pitted cherries
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ⅛ avocado
For best results, we recommend using:
- Blend almond milk, banana, cherries, cocoa powder, protein powder, ground flaxseed, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and avocado together in a large bowl using an immersion blender or in a high-speed blender until smooth, 30 to 45 seconds.
For an added protein and probiotic boost, use plain, unsweetened yogurt instead of almond milk. You may need to add a little water to maintain a drinkable consistency. Swap the maple syrup for agave nectar or honey if you prefer. Try vanilla protein powder instead of chocolate for a different flavor profile.
What others are saying
Tiana D. says:
This awesome smoothie is like having your cake and eating it too! Both healthy and super energizing, I felt like a queen drinking this smoothie. My daughter loved it and so did my husband. I substituted agave for the maple syrup and it was just sweet enough.
Katie Hason says:
I love drinking smoothies but sometimes run out of ideas. I really liked this chocolate and cherry flavor! I skipped the protein powder, but other than that didn't make any adjustments and it turned out perfect.
Laura Griffin says:
I love this chocolate cherry smoothie for breakfast or as a dessert. It's so delicious! Sometimes I even put it in the freezer. It's nice and creamy. Really good!
Jessica Scott says:
This chocolate cherry smoothie is a favorite! If you like chocolate and cherries, you will love this smoothie! I bet it also tastes delicious with strawberries? It doesn't even have to be summer for me to enjoy this, I eat it as a dessert instead of ice cream. Love it!