No-Churn Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 2 (13-ounce) cans full-fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Slice the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape the seeds into a tempered glass bowl; add the agave nectar and the pod halves.
- Place the bowl in a large pot with water reaching halfway up the sides; bring water to a simmer and heat the nectar and vanilla for 20 minutes.
- Remove and discard the vanilla pod halves. Allow nectar and vanilla to cool completely.
- Stir cool vanilla agave, coconut milk, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl; pour into a sealable container and seal.
- Ripen ice cream in freezer, stirring every hour or so to break-up the ice crystals, until firm, 5 to 6 hours.
The vanilla extract will keep your ice cream from freezing rock solid, so don’t skip it!
What others are saying
Aja A says:
The dairy-free treat is so good! I like to add matcha powder to it cause it reminds me of a place I used to get vegan matcha green tea ice cream at in San Francisco, but it closed down.
Randall Hauk says:
My son has a dairy allergy, so he only knows dairy-free ice cream. He ate this very well the first day I made it, but he wasn't quite so enamored of it after it had set a bit more firmly in the freezer for a few days. Mixed review. I think it works, but we'll probably try others next time.