Zucchini Coconut Soup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1-½ pounds zucchini, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups vegetable stock, boiling
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- season with salt
- To serve:
- mint leaves, whole or chopped
- balsamic syrup
- drizzle yogurt or crème fraîche
- freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook, stirring often until lightly golden, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cook for another 5 minutes. Pour in the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until tender, about 17 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender, add the coconut milk and blend until smooth, thinning out with water if needed. Alternately, put the ingredients into a deep bowl or pot and blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Season with salt to taste.
- Return the soup to the pot and simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve right away with mint, balsamic syrup, yogurt or crème fraîche, and freshly ground black pepper.
To make this soup vegan, use coconut oil instead of butter.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
I really enjoyed this soup! Not a huge coconut fan, but the taste was surprisingly delicious when paired with the zucchini. The garlicky flavors really set it off for me. Well done!
Caro Hodgin says:
i found that the zucchini was tender after just 12 to 15 minutes, making this recipe even quicker and easier! I saved a little coconut milk and just drizzled that over top of mine.