Summer Corn and Nectarine Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ears of corn, cut off the cob
- ½ cup chopped kale
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 nectarine (or peach), cut into ¼-inch thick wedges
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Warm olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the corn, green onions, kale, and salt, stirring frequently, until the corn is crisp-tender and the kale has wilted, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the corn mixture to a large serving platter.
- Scatter the nectarine wedges, tomatoes, and avocado slices over the corn. Squeeze lime juice and drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over top. Season with flaky sea salt and black pepper. Enjoy immediately.
If you're not in the mood to turn the stove on - really fresh corn is also great raw!
What others are saying
Elise Ballard says:
This dish is simple and quintessentially summer with clear and bright flavors. I tossed it last-minute at a dinner party and my friends loved it. Perfect with grilled meat!