Summer Corn and Nectarine Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ears corn, cut off the cob
- ½ cup chopped kale
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 nectarine (or peach), cut into ¼-inch thick wedges
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- flaky sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Warm olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the corn, green onions, kale, and salt, stirring frequently, until the corn is crisp-tender and the kale has wilted, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the corn mixture to a large serving platter.
- Scatter the nectarine wedges, tomatoes, and avocado slices over the corn. Squeeze lime juice and drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over top. Season with flaky sea salt and black pepper. Enjoy immediately.
If you're not in the mood to turn the stove on - really fresh corn is also great raw!
What others are saying
Steven Gomes says:
First time using raw corn, but so glad I did. This is a great recipe for my raw challenge diet I am doing with some friends. Also, I used spinach instead of kale.
Anthony Cohen says:
Served this with grilled steak and chimichurri sauce. Such a great salad. I used canned corned and added olives too. Couldn't find flaky sea salt, so I went with coarse sea salt.
Jeremy Hughes says:
Beautiful salad, sweet and delicious flavors that's perfect for summer nights and get togethers. I used a peach instead of a nectarine, just personal preference, and I love the way it turned out. Couldn't find flaky sea salt anywhere. I was looking for Maldon specifically. Still good without it though.
Jessica Scott says:
I love this salad! We grilled our peaches and corn to make this salad, and it was super delicious. Perfect dish!
Elise Ballard says:
This dish is simple and quintessentially summer with clear and bright flavors. I tossed it last-minute at a dinner party and my friends loved it. Perfect with grilled meat!