- 1 small cauliflower head
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Cut off the leaves, cut out the tough core, and chop the cauliflower into small chunks. Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until the pieces are about the size of a grain of rice.
- Warm oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the garlic and shallot until the shallot is translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the riced cauliflower, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Cook, covered, until the cauliflower is fluffy and tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir in the cilantro.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Cauliflower rice is a great no-carb alternative to grains or pasta.
What others are saying
Annie Chambers Myott says:
My gluten intolerance led me to try and find substitutes for many dinners made at home. Cauliflower rice is definitely NOT rice. However, this recipe really made me (and even my husband) forget we were missing our grainy/starchy side dish. The flavor paired well with two different entrees!