Beet Noodles with Maple Balsamic Dressing over Arugula
- 2 large beets, peeled and spiralized using 3mm blade
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups arugula
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
For best results, we recommend using:
- Place beet noodles in large bowl. Mix orange juice, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, thyme, mustard and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Pour half of the mixture over the beet noodles and toss until evenly coated.
- Arrange arugula on a platter or on individual plates. Place the beet noodles over the arugula and garnish with goat cheese and pistachios.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing and serve.
If you’re not a fan of raw beets, sauté the beet noodles in a little olive oil over medium heat for 2 minutes until they’re tender-crisp. Let them cool, then toss with dressing. The easiest way to make the dressing is to shake up the ingredients in a jar. That way any leftover dressing can be stored right in the jar.
For more recipes with beet noodles, you might enjoy:
What others are saying
Laura Griffin says:
This is a really earthy salad, but if you like beets you will love this combo! The orange juice, vinegar, and mustard add a really bold, tangy flavor to this salad. The spicy arugula was also a good choice, although not a green choice I would normally pick. I would definitely make this again for lunch or even as a dinner salad and topped with grilled chicken.
Erin Rettke says:
This salad is genius!!! I'm in love with the arugula and beet combo! I made my salad with raw beets and feta cheese. The pistachios make a really great addition to round out the flavors. I'd add a few grinds of fresh pepper over the top. Add grilled chicken and you'll have a perfect lunch.