Sweet Potato Noodles in Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1 cup vegetable stock, divided into 2/3 cup and 1/3 cup
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups broccoli, trimmed into florets
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced thinly
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and spiralized using 5mm blade
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
For best results, we recommend using:
- Prepare the Spicy Peanut Sauce by stirring ⅔ cup vegetable stock, peanut butter, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, lime juice, honey, and ginger together in a bowl until smooth.
- Heat sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the broccoli in sesame oil until it’s bright green, for 2 minutes; add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and continue cooking until vegetables are tender-crisp, for 2 more minutes. Remove vegetables to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Add spiralized sweet potatoes and remaining 1/3 cup of vegetable broth to the skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium until liquid evaporates and noodles are tender, for 5 minutes.
- Return vegetables to the skillet. Stir in peanut sauce with the vegetable mixture. Add green onions over the mixture and stir.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with chopped peanuts to serve.
Use gluten-free soy sauce to make this recipe gluten-free. If you’re adding proteins to this dish, measure about 4 ounces of meat, fish, or vegetarian options.
What others are saying
Caro Hodgin says:
I've used other recipes where you simply sautee the sweet potato noodles in oil, and I far prefer this method of cooking them in chicken stock. They become much more tender and "pasta noodle-y". This is a fantastic, grain-free stir fry.
Shannon Whittier says:
If you love Thai food this is a MUST! So delicious with chicken and cayenne pepper/red pepper flakes. A family favorite!
Paola van der Hulst says:
I'd never cooked sweet potato noodles in broth and I must say they are suuuuper good! And that peanut sauce... I'm a fan!
Daniel Amen says:
I love using my spiralizer, it completely changed the texture of the sweet potatoes! Whoa!
Elizabeth Whiteside says:
This was absolutely delicious! The "noodles" were so tender, yet still held their shape. Sauce was amazeballs, left out the chili sauce as I had to feed kids too, but doused my plate with hot sauce. Amazing.
Shaun Moten says:
I tried the recipe as is, didn't add any meat or make it fancy since it was my first time trying. This recipe was a huge success in my home. Would recommend this recipe to others. The yummy peanut sauce made this dish an official fam fav!