Baked Mexican Sweet Potato Curly Fries
- 2 sweet potatoes, spiralized using 5mm blade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup Mexican crema
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
For best results, we recommend using:
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place the spiralized sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Stir together the olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt, and chipotle powder in a separate bowl; pour over sweet potatoes and toss until evenly coated.
- Spread the potato noodles onto a baking sheet evenly.
- Place the sweet potato tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, turning noodles thrice while cooking, until browned and crisp. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and toss cooked noodles with cilantro and lime zest in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the Mexican crema and lime juice in a small bowl; Divide the noodles into bowls and drizzle Mexican crema over the sweet potato noodles and serve.
Baking the spiralized sweet potato in an even layer and stirring from the outside edges towards the center will ensure that the fries cook evenly. Mexican crema is similar to crème fraiche and has a consistency that's thinner than sour cream.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
This was such a well rounded, flavorful dish. From the sweet potatoes to the cumin to the Mexican crema, every ingredient of this recipe was well thought out. I thoroughly enjoyed! Even though I prefer to make my sweet potato noodles in a skillet on the stove, the crispiness of the sweet potato noodles from baking in the oven was one of my favorite aspects of this dish.
Tiana D. says:
All of these "exotic sounding" ingredients were available at my local Trader Joes! I have never cooked with crema or spiralized sweet potatoes but this is a really delicious recipe. Both my husband and 2 year old loved it and thats a major win at my house. Great recipe!