Crunchy Savoy Cabbage Salad with Ginger-Turmeric-Tahini Dressing
- Crunchy Savoy Cabbage Salad:
- ½ head savoy cabbage, thinly shredded
- ½ head romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ (packed) cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 green apple, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, halved lengthwise and cut thinly on the bias
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- Ginger-Turmeric-Tahini Dressing:
- ¼ cup tahini
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 small shallot, sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Toss savoy cabbage, romaine, and cilantro together in a salad bowl. Layer apple, celery, carrot, radishes, scallions, and cashews onto the bed of greens.
- Blend tahini, water, ginger, shallot, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, honey, and turmeric in a blender until smooth. Stream olive oil into the dressing while blender runs; blend until emulsified.
- Serve salad with dressing on the side.
The dressing will last for two weeks in your fridge and is also delicious as a sandwich spread or dip for crudités. The vegetables can be chopped, covered and refrigerated up to two days ahead of time, then dressed when you're ready to serve the salad.
What others are saying
Loren Schaffer says:
This salad was super crunchy and delicious. Turmeric is a great anti-inflammatory that I like to eat all the time, but have never put in a salad dressing before... yum! I doubled the dressing since it keeps well in the fridge.
Jessica Scott says:
I really, really loved this salad! Especially the dressing with the ginger, shallots, and apple cider vinegar. The cashews gave it a really nice crunch, although next time I might try it with peanuts.
Katie Hason says:
Absolutely obsessed with this crunchy cabbage dish. The ginger turmeric tahini is a new favorite! This recipe is proof that salads don't have to be boring. So delicious!