Crunchy Savoy Cabbage Salad with Ginger-Turmeric-Tahini Dressing
- Crunchy Savoy Cabbage Salad:
- ½ head savoy cabbage, thinly shredded
- ½ head romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ (packed) cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 green apple, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, halved lengthwise and cut thinly on the bias
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- Ginger-Turmeric-Tahini Dressing:
- ¼ cup tahini
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 small shallot, sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Toss savoy cabbage, romaine, and cilantro together in a salad bowl. Layer apple, celery, carrot, radishes, scallions, and cashews onto the bed of greens.
- Blend tahini, water, ginger, shallot, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, honey, and turmeric in a blender until smooth. Stream olive oil into the dressing while blender runs; blend until emulsified.
- Serve salad with dressing on the side.
The dressing will last for two weeks in your fridge and is delicious as a sandwich spread or dip.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
I really, really loved this salad! Especially the dressing with the ginger, shallots, and apple cider vinegar. The cashews gave it a really nice crunch, although next time I might try it with peanuts.
Katie Hason says:
Absolutely obsessed with this crunchy cabbage dish. The ginger turmeric tahini is a new favorite! This recipe is proof that salads don't have to be boring. So delicious!