Quinoa, Carrot, and Zucchini Noodles with Honey-Sriracha Dressing
- ⅔ cup tri-color quinoa
- 1 ½ cups water
- 3 large carrots, peeled and spiralized using 3mm blade
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized using 3mm blade
- 1 cucumber, spiralized using 3mm blade
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled Queso Fresco
- 1/4 cup Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir quinoa and water together in a saucepan; bring to a boil, place a cover on the saucepan, reduce heat to low, and simmer until water is absorbed, for 15 minutes. Remove the lid and let quinoa rest for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork and add a pinch of salt.
- Transfer quinoa to a bowl; add carrots, zucchini, and cucumber.
- Whisk lime juice, honey, vinegar, olive oil, Sriracha, and salt together in a bowl; pour over vegetables and quinoa and toss to coat.
- Divide salad into bowls and garnish with queso fresco and pepitas on top and serve.
When purchasing carrots for spiralizing, look for carrots that are very thick, as thin carrots can be difficult to work with. Cut down on prep time by cooking the quinoa in advance and having it ready to go anytime!
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
This is a really fun way to enjoy quinoa! I get bored eating plain quinoa, so this was a good change from the norm. What I liked most about this dish was the pumpkin seeds. The honey Sriracha dressing also added a nice sweet and spicy kick. I would use this dressing on other bowls and salads as well!
Bernardette Flatow says:
This is a fresh and wholesome salad, delicious! Since a few members of my family can´t tolerate the spice of the siracha sauce I substituted a Tahini dressing, just use tahini instead of siracha. Mix 3/4 cup of tahini in blender with 3 garlic cloves, the lemon and honey and 1/2 a cup of water and remove the vinegar. Makes a creamy, yummy sauce which you can add to the salad. Enjoy