Miso-Sesame Guacamole with Baked Chips
- 6 whole-wheat tortillas, cut into 6 triangles each
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons shiro miso
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 ripe Haas avocados
- kosher salt
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ½ cup torn cilantro leaves
- ½ teaspoon shichimi togarashi, or as needed
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the tortilla triangles in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake tortillas until golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes; transfer to a platter.
- Stir the lime juice, miso, and sesame oil together in a bowl; add the avocado flesh and mash into the lime juice mixture until mostly smooth and somewhat even in texture. Season guacamole with salt.
- Spoon guacamole onto each chip and garnish with red onion, cilantro, and a light sprinkling of togarashi.
You can incorporate the cilantro and onions into the crushed avocado and serve the whole thing as a dip with chips on the side. Or, simply follow this recipe and serve as a great amuse-bouche during happy hour.
What others are saying
Caro Hodgin says:
What a fun spin on guacamole. Plus, it used some of that miso that's been in my fridge forever! I served this as a dip with fried wontons for dipping. People were so surprised by the Asian flavors and everyone asked for the recipe! A definite keeper. Next time I might mix in some toasted sesame seeds as well.
Queen Foodie says:
I never would've thought of putting miso in guacamole. This is a very creative recipe that turned out tastier then I expected.