Zoodles with Broccoli and Sausage
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound zucchini, spiralized using 2mm blade
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium. Fry the sausage meat in hot oil, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, until lightly browned and mostly cooked through, about 5 minutes; add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour wine into the pan and bring to a light boil, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon; add the broccoli, chicken broth, and salt. Bring to a simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the zoodles and toss to coat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the zoodles and broccoli are just tender but still have some bite, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the mixture and stir to serve.
To make this quick dish even speedier, purchase bulk sausage, pre-cut broccoli florets, and prepared zoodles.
What others are saying
Randall George says:
I added garlic and some red pepper flakes to this because it just seemed like the thing to do, and I think I was right. I love how this comes off as a stir-fry/pasta dish without the noodles or rice.
Erin Rettke says:
I've been living off crock pot freezer meals all week and needed something fresh and satisfying for dinner tonight. This lovely dish fully satisfied! It's super easy to put together and there was minimal kitchen mess as well! I followed the directions to the t. Next time I make it I'll add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes to add some zing. I'd recommend salting and draining your zoodles before cooking if you want a less watery dish. Serve this with a side of garlic bread and enjoy!