Roasted Farmers’ Market Vegetable Medley
- 1½ pound carrots, cut into chunks
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 head garlic, halved
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Preheat oven 425°F (220°C).
- Toss carrots, onion, and garlic in olive oil in a bowl; season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and spread onto a sheet pan.
- Roast in preheated oven until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add asparagus, rosemary, and thyme to the carrot mixture and continue roasting until the asparagus is tender, about 10 minutes more.
When roasting a variety of beautiful vegetables, cooking times vary depending on what you are using. Starchier vegetables take a bit longer to cook, so always check periodically as they roast.
What others are saying
Caro Hodgin says:
Yum! I love that this recipe adds the asparagus to the oven after the carrots and onion have been cooking for several minutes. Everything comes out perfectly roasted at the same time - no mushy asparagus here! this is a great formula to follow when roasted lots of different veg that require different cook times.
Annie Chambers Myott says:
I can never master roasted multiple veggies and this recipe with cool times and when to add the veggies was so helpful. Everything came out perfectly.
DC Cote says:
I love this recipe and I'm going to make it again and serve for Easter Sunday dinner. In addition to carrots, I added parsnip too.
Jordan Clark says:
Delicious roasted veggies! Especially the asparagus. I served these alongside a roasted chicken and it was perfect. Going to make them again for Easter.
Jenny J says:
We took the vegetable medley and paired it with red wine braised short ribs. It was a full-bodied dish packed with flavor.