Skillet Corn with Peppers, Basil, and Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, halved and cut into thin half moons
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 ears corn, cut off the cob
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
- Warm oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and pepper until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic, corn, oregano, salt, and red pepper flakes and cook until the corn is crisp-tender, 2 to 4 more minutes. Stir in the lime juice.
- Transfer the corn mixture to a serving plate. Scatter basil leaves and parmesan over top and serve immediately or at room temperature.
Make Mexican Skillet Corn by adding a diced jalapeño, swapping the basil for cilantro, and stirring in a healthy pour of hot sauce.
What others are saying
Annie Chambers Myott says:
This was so fast for my week night dinner in a hurry! I made it the 'Mexican' way since I had leftover jalepeno and my husband loved the extra kick.
Shannon Whittier says:
I made this tonight for dinner. Super fast and easy to do with a baby running around the house. I added chicken (my husbands favorite saying is "no meat no meal") and some siracha for a little kick. Definitely a winner but might add some black beans next time!