Gluten-Free and Vegan Banana, Mango, and Coconut Crisp
- 3 ripe mangoes - peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup gluten-free flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- pinch kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Mix mangoes and bananas together in a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Mix together the rolled oats, shredded coconut, flour, sugar, oil and salt, in a bowl until well combined. Generously cover the fruit with the oat and coconut mixture.
- Place the baking dish on a baking sheet and bake until the top is golden and the fruit starts bubbling around the edges, about 45 minutes; let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
The best fruit desserts are made with ripe fruit, so be sure to select soft ones, even ever-so-slightly bruised, and rely on them for sweetness rather than adding too much sugar. The crunchy topping is what everyone loves. Be generous with it, and this dessert will be a winner every time.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
Delicious oatmeal breakfast that also doubles as a dessert! Super sweet and tasty. I also love the shredded coconut on top! Sometimes I add a little extra.
Greg Jones says:
I really liked this dish, it was delicious, sweet, and has a nice crunch. It's perfect with a creamy whipped cream topping for dessert.