Homemade Garam Masala
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper,
- 1½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Mix cumin, coriander, black pepper, cardamom, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
For a simple entree, combine some of this mixture with plain yogurt and some chopped cilantro and marinate chicken before grilling. Store any remaining spice blend in an airtight container until the next use.
What others are saying
Natalie Hogan says:
Aja A says:
I always have garam masala on hand as it's one of my top spices to use. I make paneer tikka masala and I like rub the cheese with this before I grill it or toss it in the sauce. Definitely agree to mix it with yogurt to marinade chicken or shrimp. You won't be disappointed.
Randall Hauk says:
THANK YOU! I thought I still had some when I started making dinner, discovered I was out, and was saved by this recipe. I've used others, but this is as good as any.