- 8 tomatoes, chopped with ¼ cup reserved
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped with ¼ cup reserved
- 1 cucumber, peeled, deseeded, and chopped
- ½ large onion, chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons sherry vinegar, or more to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Blend tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, onion, olive oil, and vinegar in a blender until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Alternately, put the ingredients into a deep bowl or pot and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Pour blended mixture into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Divide soup between 4 bowls. Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon reserved chopped tomatoes and peppers.
Add some protein to this refreshing soup by stirring in some cooked, chopped shrimp. The gazpacho is even better when made ahead of time, since the flavors will mellow and blend as they sit. Make up to two days before you plan to serve it and refrigerate.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
Classic gazpacho recipe! I took the advice listed above and added chopped shrimp, it was amazing. It's perfect for a sunny, warm afternoon.
Laura Griffin says:
Very delicious and authentic tasting Spanish gazpacho. The color is incredible and the tomato flavors are amazing. One of my favorite chilled soup recipes, perfectly for warm days and beach weather.