Southwestern Spiralized Salad with Avocado-Cilantro Dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup (packed) fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 red bell pepper, spiralized using the 3mm blade
- 1 yellow bell pepper, spiralized using the 3mm blade
- 1 orange bell pepper, spiralized using the 3mm blade
- 1 cucumber, spiralized using the 3mm blade
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cup corn kernels
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- Blend the avocado, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, and salt in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy. Alternately, put the ingredients into a deep bowl or pot and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Toss red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, orange bell pepper, cucumber, black beans, corn, and scallions together in a large bowl; drizzle dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
The dressing will be very thick, but the high water content of the vegetables will thin it out slightly once everything is tossed together.
What others are saying
Anthony Cohen says:
I made this recipe and it was delicious! I used spiralized zucchini with canned corn and canned beans. I also used diced avocado. The dressing I made included avocado and cilantro. So creamy and delicious.
Monica Allen says:
The avocado cilantro dressing is by far one of my favorite recipes ever. Not only does it pair great with this salad, but it's delicious with other foods as well. If you like guacamole, you'll love this. I've tried it with both cucumber and zucchini, I think zucchini is my favorite!
DC Cote says:
This recipe far exceeded my expectations. I was on the fence about using spiralized bell peppers, and almost went with zucchini. I'm glad I trusted my guts and went with the peppers. This was so delicious, it's a favorite of mine!
Laura Griffin says:
I've made avocado cilantro lime dressing before, but this recipe takes the cake! As many times I've used my spiralizer, this was my first time trying this combination. I was really impressed, and this is easily one of my new favorites. The bell peppers and cilantro took the flavors to a new level. Perfect!
Jennifer Ingram says:
Crisp and fresh! Love the dressing and it got better with a bit of time on the salad. I let the dressing sit on beans and corn, tossing with the peppers about 30 mins before serving. It was the perfect light summer salad alongside salmon.