Southwestern Spiralized Salad with Avocado-Cilantro Dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1 (packed) cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 red bell pepper, spiralized using the 3mm blade
- 1 yellow bell pepper, spiralized using the 3mm blade
- 1 orange bell pepper, spiralized using the 3mm blade
- 1 cucumber, spiralized using the 3mm blade
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cup corn kernels
- ½ cup sliced scallions
For best results, we recommend using:
- Blend the avocado, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, and salt in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy. Alternately, put the ingredients into a deep bowl or pot and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Toss red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, orange bell pepper, cucumber, black beans, corn, and scallions together in a large bowl; drizzle dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
The dressing will be very thick, but the high water content of the vegetables will thin it out slightly once everything is tossed together.
What others are saying
Laura Griffin says:
I've made avocado cilantro lime dressing before, but this recipe takes the cake! As many times I've used my spiralizer, this was my first time trying this combination. I was really impressed, and this is easily one of my new favorites. The bell peppers and cilantro took the flavors to a new level. Perfect!
Jennifer Ingram says:
Crisp and fresh! Love the dressing and it got better with a bit of time on the salad. I let the dressing sit on beans and corn, tossing with the peppers about 30 mins before serving. It was the perfect light summer salad alongside salmon.