Lemon Roasted Asparagus
- 1 pound pencil asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Snap the woody ends off of the asparagus and discard. Toss the asparagus with the olive oil, salt and pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast the asparagus until tender and lightly crispy on the tips, 12 to 18 minutes.
- Transfer the asparagus to a serving platter. Scatter parmesan, red chili flakes, and mint leaves over top.
Try this recipe with carrots, fennel, beets, or kohlrabi instead of asparagus. You will love how roasting vegetables really transforms their flavor!
What others are saying
Shannon Whittier says:
Very delicious. We like it extra crispy so I baked them for 22 minutes. Great flavor!
Randall Hauk says:
Always on the hunt for new ways to perk-up the asparagus harvest. This was fine. I do prefer the grill. I even set some aside without the Parmesan so I could put nutritional yeast on it for my son (allergy) & he enjoyed it.
Annie Chambers Myott says:
I haven't changed up my typical grilled asparagus recipe for years. Loved trying out this new recipe and the addition of mint was really unique. Guests loved it!
Tiana D. says:
This recipe was great for a dinner party I threw. I substituted lemon pepper for the salt and it was divine! Also, instead of mint I used rosemary, so good!