Garlic Shrimp with Squash Zoodles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or ghee
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine (or vegetable broth)
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized using the 5mm blade
- 1 large yellow squash, spiralized using the 5mm blade
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
For best results, we recommend using:
- Melt butter with olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Toss shrimp with garlic in a bowl and season with salt. Saute shrimp in the butter mixture until pink, about 4 minutes. Remove shrimp to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Cook tomatoes in the skillet, shaking pan occasionally, until beginning to burst, about 4 minutes.
- Pour the wine into the skillet to deglaze the pan, stirring to scrape browned bits from the cooking surface.
- Stir zucchini and yellow squash noodles into the wine mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Stir basil through the noodles. Top the noodles with shrimp and Parmesan cheese to serve.
For a vegetarian dish, omit the shrimp and add another cup of cherry tomatoes to the pan. To make the dish paleo and Whole 30-compliant, make a few easy adjustments. Use ghee instead of butter, vegetable broth in place of the white wine, and omit the cheese.
What others are saying
Jenny J says:
We took the shrimp and instead of using zoodles, we did cauliflower rice instead. This was perfect for our weeknight dinner.
Jordan Clark says:
Probably one of my favorite summer recipes! I always use extra jumbo shrimp, tail removed, and diced roma tomatoes. I use wayyy more than two tablespoons parmesan though. I love to grate fresh cheese on top. So good.
Janet Gainsley says:
This was so fast and I loved the wine glaze! The crunch is so yummy and my fam loved this.
Marlea Kent says:
We loved this recipe! So easy and fast! I didn't have white wine or vegetable broth so I used chicken and it had great flavor!
Aja A says:
Nice summertime dish. Used vegetable broth instead of white wine and still loved the flavors through it. Great option for when I want to taste a carb break.