Meal Prep: Pressure Cooker Honey-Ginger Chicken
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- ½ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
For best results, we recommend using:
- Mix chicken, onion, and garlic together in your pressure cooker insert.
- Stir honey, soy sauce, ginger, lime juice, sesame oil, and rice vinegar together in a bowl; pour over the chicken mixture and stir.
- Place the insert into the slow cooker, seal the lid, and cook on High for 15 minutes.
- Use the quick-release feature to relieve pressure before removing the lid.
- Stir the cornstarch into the water with a fork to dissolve; stir into the sauce.
- Use Sauté function to cook sauce, stirring frequently, until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
Your pressure cooker will tenderize onion and garlic and keep chicken moist without using oil, making it a great tool to reduce your fat intake.
What others are saying
Tarragon Boi says:
This was great! I bet you could probably get away with not using the pressure cooker and get a really similar result, but it wouldn't be as easy and the chicken would be a little more firm.
Annie Chambers Myott says:
I only subbed chicken breasts for thighs and added a little more time in the cooker. I also squeezed a little extra lime and added a tiny bit extra ginger. Yummy and so easy!!