Vegan Turmeric Latte
- 2 cups coconut milk (or favorite non-dairy milk alternative)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1½ tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir coconut milk, honey, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, coconut oil, and pepper together in a saucepan over medium-low heat until hot but not boiling, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the coconut milk mixture into a blender pitcher and blend on Low. Gradually increase blender speed until the mixture is frothy to your liking, 2 to 3 minutes. Alternately, blend in saucepan with an immersion blender to froth.
- Pour the latte into a mug. Sprinkle nutmeg over the top to serve.
Make sure not to leave out the coconut oil or black pepper as they will help you to absorb more of the benefits from the turmeric.
What others are saying
Steve Failows says:
the coffee shop nearby makes a turmeric "latte" similar to this with Almond milk and it's so flavorful and delicious. I had to try this recipe and it does not disappoint. Turmeric is so good for you and I just love it - next time I'm throwing in some cardamom seeds for a chai-vibe.
Katie Hason says:
This turmeric latte is perfect! I've always wanted to try it, I never knew it was this easy. I used raw manuka honey and it was delicious. Definitely a must try!
Sara Alves says:
For this smoothie to be vegan, gotta swap the honey for something like agave or maple syrup. Just a note!