Spiralized Vegan Sushi Bowls
- 1 large daikon, peeled and spiralized using a 3mm the blade
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup shredded carrots
- 8 ounces baked tofu, sliced
- 1 (0.2 ounce) pack toasted nori
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Toss daikon with the vinegar, mirin, and soy sauce to coat.
- Divide daikon between two bowls. Top each portion with equal measures of the cucumbers, carrots, tofu, nori, avocado, and scallions, arranging them as artfully or as simply as desired.
- Stir the mayonnaise, sriracha, and vinegar together in a bowl; drizzle liberally over the bowls.
Like any other radishes, daikon can sometimes have a harsh bite. Soften the flavor and texture by lightly steaming the strands in the microwave for two minutes and rinsing under cool water before using. Extra sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to two weeks.